Athletic. Resourceful. Ready for anything. Tackle whatever gets in your way—from pothole-ridden boulevards to rock-strewn backwoods. The Zero DS’s commanding stance, long-travel suspension and rugged dirt-ready tires give it go-anywhere capability, while its elevated view makes it easy to navigate busy city streets. Experience your world for the first time with seamless, silent and pure dual sport propulsion.
Zero ZF14.4: Maximum torque, performance and range.
Upgrade to Zero’s fiercest power plant, the Zero DSR produces 116 ft-lb of torque and runs at higher sustained top speeds using an enhanced motor and higher amperage motor controller.
Range (mi): 163 city / 78 highway
Color: Graphene Black Metallic
- Torque Beast: The Zero DS delivers silent stump-pulling torque, churning up to an outrageous 116 ft-lb—more than any fuel-burning production literbike. Twist the throttle. With this stealth force hurling you forward, you’ll easily leave gas bikes behind. No shifting, vibration or fumes. The industry leading Z-Force® powertrain effortlessly drives your adventure as your motorcycle seems to silently disappear beneath you.
- Always Dialed: Crossing from smooth asphalt to loose gravel fire roads? All good. Change performance profiles at the press of a button to master any terrain. The Zero DS is pre-programmed with Eco or Sport modes and performance can be fully customized using the Zero Motorcycles app where you can also see detailed ride stats.
- Charge 6x faster: Grab lunch. Have a coffee. Recharge. Live your life while adding up to 94 miles of range for every hour you’re plugged in. The Charge Tank accessory is compatible with Level 2 charge stations and delivers roughly 6x faster charging than when compared to a standard wall outlet. Depending on the battery, a typical recharge can now take as little as an hour.
- Charging. Meet household outlet. No special equipment required: your standard household outlets can be used as fueling stations for a fraction of the cost of gasoline. Plug in at night and start the day with a full tank.
- Pull the plug on maintenance: Blast down a fire road. Get dirty. Live in the moment. At the end of your adventure the Zero DS only asks that you plug in. No need to replace clogged filters or dirty oil. The Z-Force® powertrain eliminates the fossil burner mess, trading oil, spark plugs, clutches and filters for a motor with a single moving part. The Zero DS’s ripping acceleration is delivered through carbon fiber belt that directly connects the motor to the rear wheel. Chain maintenance is a thing of the past. Zero’s Z-Force® powertrains are constantly advancing with code updates that deliver performance improvements. These updates are delivered through the Zero App, which download directly from your mobile device to your bike.
- Long Range Battery Tech: The Zero DS carries the highest power and energy density battery in the EV industry. With over ten years of rigorous off-road experience, the Z-Force® battery confidently delivers you to your destination. Select the battery size that works for you. Ride up to 188 miles city / 89 miles highway with an 18 kWh battery by adding a Power Tank accessory to the ZF14.4. Or, shed weight and gain storage space with the ZF7.2.
- Battery: Zero Motorcycles’ Z-Force® battery is the most power and energy dense in the EV industry. The Zero DS battery is available in three sizes: ZF7.2, ZF13.0, ZF14.4 (Zero DSR only). Add a Power Tank accessory to expand battery capacity by 3.6 kWh. Every Zero battery is backed by a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
- Motor: The impressive Z-Force® motor produces smooth power and up to 116 ft-lb with a design so efficient it only requires passive air-cooling. Roll on the throttle for massive acceleration. Roll off the throttle to progressively channel energy back into the battery. No heavy, complicated or expensive liquid cooling. No fuss. No routine maintenance. This is the industry’s most efficient, powerful, and compact brushless motor.
- Chassis: Featuring a twin-spar aircraft-grade aluminum chassis, the Zero DS’s frame offers superior torsional rigidity.
- Suspension: Custom-tuned for Zero by Showa, the Zero DS suspension offers 7 inches of plush travel that enables you to tackle virtually any terrain thrown your way. The entire suspension system can be fully and easily adjusted to glide over any city street or rip down your favorite fire road.
- Dash: Minimalist. Modern. Efficient. The Zero DS dash projects the specs you need— speed, state of charge, power output, selected riding profile, projected recharge time—in a cool blue LCD display. Sync with your smartphone to add a secondary customizable dash or view detailed ride stats.
- Onboard Charger: No additional charging equipment required. The standard 1.3 kW onboard charger plugs into any household outlet. It can be operated in conjunction with off-board Quick Chargers and/or the Charge Tank accessories to accelerate charge times.
- Tank: The standard Zero DS “tank” is equipped with spacious lockable storage—perfect for stowing personal items like cell phones, wallets, or gloves. Interested in faster charging or greater range? Swap the standard tank for a Charge Tank accessory for 6x faster charging or a Power Tank that adds an additional 3.6 kWh of battery.
- Brakes: The Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) delivers confident braking. Tested for just about any situation you can imagine, the system optimizes deceleration when you hit your brakes hard. Braking is actuated via levers that can be adjusted for improved ergonomics. ABS can be switched on or off by the rider.
- Direct Drive: Strip away clutches, gears, shifting, chains and all their weighty complexities. Seamlessly rocket to speeds in excess of 95 mph with pure efficiency as energy quietly transforms into propulsion. The Zero DS is direct drive. Its state-of-the-art motor connects directly to the rear wheel using a carbon fiber belt.
- Wheels and Tires: Shred confidently on anything from twisting tarmac to loose fire roads, the Zero DS’s Pirelli MT-60 tires provide superior traction, excellent durability and road feel. The tires are mounted to durable cast alloy wheels and a hollow front axle shaves unsprung weight to improve handling.
- City: 163 miles (262 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 98 miles (158 km)
- Combined City/Highway 55 mph: 122 miles (196 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 78 miles (126 km)
- Combined City/Highway 70 mph: 105 miles (169 km)
- Peak torque: 116 ft-lb (157 Nm)
- Peak power: 70 hp (52 kW) @ 3,500 rpm
- Top speed (max): 102 mph (164 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 90 mph (145 km/h)
- Type: Z-Force® 75-7R passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent hi-temp magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 775 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent integrated
- Max capacity: 14.4 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 12.6 kWh
- Charger type: 1.3 kW, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 9.8 hours (100% charged) / 9.3 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with Charge Tank accessory: 2.5 hours (100% charged) / 2.0 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with one accessory charger: 5.7 hours (100% charged) / 5.2 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with max accessory chargers: 2.8 hours (100% charged) / 2.3 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 90T / 20T, Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 7.00 in. (178 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 7.03 in. (179 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli MT-60 100/90-19
- Rear tire: Pirelli MT-60 130/80-17
- Front wheel: 2.50 x 19
- Rear wheel: 3.50 x 17
- Wheelbase: 56.2 in. (1,427 mm)
- Seat height: 33.2 in. (843 mm)
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Curb weight: 419 lb. (190 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 356 lb. (161 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 433 MPGe (0.54 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 206 MPGe (1.14 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $1.61
- Standard motorcycle warranty*: 2 years
- Power pack warranty*: 5 years/unlimited miles
Pricing does not include government incentives. Does not include local shipping, applicable taxes, PDI, or road registration fees.
See your dealer for additional details about powerpack or standard warranty.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Imagery may not reflect most current product specifications. Zero Motorcycles reserves the right to make improvements and/or design changes without any obligation to previously sold, assembled or fabricated equipment.